DATA SCIENTIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Here is a truly unique role in the growing field of data science! As the first Data Scientist in this organization, you will be included in a wide range of projects. The goal will be to show how big data principles can be applied and where foundational levels of data collection can be implemented.
The Data Scientist will also be asked to review existing data – including methods for new data collection – related to on-going enterprise-level projects. The successful candidate must be eager to work within a Microsoft environment; however, this person will be able to use Python, R, MATLAB, and other tools to collect and analyze data.
Above all, this is an opportunity to show how theoretical solutions can solve real world problems. If you are looking for a research and development role where you have real input into the company’s future direction, we want to hear from you.
**This company prefers that candidates be currently living in Winnipeg; however, they are open to Canada-based candidates who are willing to PERMANENTLY relocate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Set up foundational big data principles to gather information
* Lead research and development projects related to data science
* Investigate a wide range of projects and get involved where there is value (or potential value) in developing data science/big data principles
* Prior experience within an established data science role
* 10+ years of experience working with large data sets and bringing value out of chaos
* Strong skills with SQL - this is a full-on data analysis role!
* Experience with Python, R, MATLAB, or other languages to process large volumes of data
* Proven ability to create, implement, and defend thesis statements within a large organization
* Background that combines entrepreneurship, academia, and engineering
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Brand new role – opportunity to prove the value of data science and big data in the manufacturing sector
* Work with a positive team that enjoys delivering together
* Work in a small team with the resources of a large enterprise
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15310) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post