INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Here is a newly-created role to protect a Manitoba-based company that services customers across Canada. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the successful person will work with IT leadership to offer an information security focus to strategic initiatives.
The Information Security Specialist will develop road maps and processes, while ensuring proposed solutions make sense from a business perspective. As the company’s sole information security specialist (for the moment), this role will be broad in scope. Tasks will include policy creation and administration, governance and planning (DRP/DLP), new controls implementation, and audit support.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a strong background in IT, including experience in cyber security and risk management. If you have a track record of taking ownership of deliverables and digging into the details, this could be your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead policy governance and planning
* Lead execution of information security initiatives
* Provide key support to audits
* Develop programming to Increase company-wide information security awareness
* 7+ years of IT experience working in complex, multi-faceted environments
* 4 years of experience leading initiatives
* 3+ years of experience focusing on security events with SIEM tools
* 2+ years of experience working on audit projects
* 2+ years of experience with data loss prevention and disaster recovery planning
* Completed security certification or actively pursuing certification in: CISA, CISSP, CISM or GIAC
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Company embraces new technologies to drive business growth
* Environment where new ideas are encouraged
* Competitive compensation package
Please send a resume (quoting job number 15021) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post