ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY OFFICER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a hands-on health and safety leader who believes in collaboration and consistency? Are you committed to maximizing the health and safety of your co-workers and managers? If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding, opportunity to advance your career in manufacturing health and safety, this is it. As Environmental Health & Safety Officer, you will coordinate and lead the corporate health and safety program for this respected Manitoba manufacturer. If you have experience promoting a positive safety culture and can inspire compliance among your peers, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead health and safety programs and initiatives across multiple locations
* Develop and implement revised health and safety policies and procedures
* Collaborate with supervisors to analyze job hazards and determine health and safety requirements
* Facilitate staff training and new employee orientations to promote safe work practices
* Conduct monthly health and safety audits; facilitate internal inspections
* Investigate safety incidents and accidents; document results and initiate corrective actions
* Serve as case manager for injury claims and return-to-work cases, in collaboration with WCB
* Occupational Health & Safety certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
* 2 to 4 years of health and safety experience within a manufacturing company
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate group training and presentations
* Strong knowledge of Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act, and related provincial legislation
* Proven ability to collaborate with coworkers and management in promoting a positive safety culture
* Ability to travel within Manitoba
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* A respected Canadian manufacturer, voted one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers
* Company committed to quality, safety, and continuous improvement
* Competitive salary and benefits
Please send a resume (quoting job number 14711) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] OR call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post