SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you passionate about pro-active software design, testing, and implementation and equally enjoy interacting with customers? This global electronics manufacturer is looking for an expert troubleshooter to join a talented and tenured team in the new role of Software Support Engineer. The focus of this role will be to anticipate and problem-solve software issues, while maintaining consistent and clear communication with customers throughout the process of finding and implementing solutions. If you have a strong background in electrical or computer engineering, along with solid experience in the manufacturing industry, this could be the ideal next move in your career.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Brainstorm about new products; analyze electrical designs to identify and anticipate issues with software being implemented
* Analyze controller and display product failures to diagnose root causes; design and implement solutions
* Communicate regularly and clearly with customers and software development team
* Test and debug products to ensure software meets design and customer requirements
* Collaborate with test engineering team to define production test protocols
* Maintain and archive source code files and support documentation
* Assist with replacement part selection to ensure new parts can be supported by the software
* Participate in code reviews
* Post-secondary degree in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
* 2+ years of software development experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proven success communicating with customers and working through the change order process
* Track record of effective troubleshooting and problem solving, including root cause analysis and solutions development
* Experience with embedded systems preferred
* Experience in real time OS, Linux, J1939
* Experience with software development tools, including Visual Studio
* Ability to work with electrical debugging tools (e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters)
* Availability to travel throughout the year
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Work with a seasoned and talented engineering team
* A new role that you can shape and make your own
* Global company that offers excellent growth opportunities, including global relocation if desired
Please send a resume (quoting job number 14557) to RHAE REDEKOP, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.3502 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we connect you with exclusive career opportunities that match you best. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post