SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR – CAD SYSTEMS (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you have an eye for process improvements and for driving the most effective usage of AutoCAD and Solidworks software? Here is an exciting role to support the engineering team at one of Canada’s leading manufacturing companies. The focus of this role will be to maintain and improve processes and standards related to drafting and 3D modeling. The successful candidate will have significant AutoCAD and Solidworks experience in the manufacturing industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Support the engineering team through day-to-day administration of AutoCAD and SolidWorks software
* Maintain, evaluate, and improve policies and procedures for solid modelling and drafting (in AutoCAD and Solidworks) in accordance with recognized standards
* Develop training materials and facilitate user training on Solidworks software
* Organize and oversee Solidworks software updates, ensuring new features are communicated with users
* Create and maintain library of electrical and mechanical components and fasteners parts
* Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives related to ease of manufacturing
* Collaborate with other teams to complete electronic BOM transfers from Solidworks to the corporate ERP system
* Provide electrical and mechanical drafting services as needed
* Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering
* 10+ years of CAD drafting experience, including administrative expertise
* Fluent knowledge of Solidworks and/or other 3D modelling software
* Significant experience in the manufacturing industry, including strong ERP knowledge
* VB.NET programming experience (including API programming and PDM add-in development within SolidWorks)
* Proven leadership and communication skills
* Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Global, industry-leading manufacturer based in Manitoba
* Team-focused work environment
* Competitive salary and benefits
Send a resume (quoting job number 14546) to CATHRYN THOMAS, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2249 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post