UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you want to join an underwriting team that values collaboration and hard work? This leading Canadian company is looking for an Underwriting Specialist who is capable of both improving business processes and mentoring junior members of the sales team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in commercial, property, and/or casualty insurance and be motivated to deliver an exceptional customer experience to stakeholders. If you offer a dynamic approach to underwriting, contact Pinnacle today about this excellent opportunity to help drive a company forward.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Collaborate with underwriting team to underwrite a wide range of complex new business, renewals and endorsements
* Foster strong, long-lasting relationships with customers, the sales team and other stakeholders to deliver excellent results
* Evaluate, select, negotiate, and price assigned policies to ensure a profitable book of business
* Ensure compliance with national standards, policies, and best practices related to risk control
* Maintain current knowledge of industry and marketplace trends and developments
* Provide input to the Manager and Director on various underwriting issues
* Mentor and train less experienced underwriters and support staff
* 7 to 10 years of underwriting experience in commercial property and casualty insurance, including proven expertise with pricing models, risk analysis, and industry trends
* CIP or CRM designation
* Ability to identify issues and solutions through effective data analysis
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence decisions, and gain buy-in on complex or sensitive issues
* Track record of strong communication with the sales team, customers, and other external and internal stakeholders
* Experience mentoring and training junior team members
* Strong report writing skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy
* Definite asset: French and English language fluency
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Leading insurance company – small business feel, with full support from a national company
* Flexible schedules and work-from-home options available
* Excellent benefits, including bonuses and company shares
Please send a resume (quoting job number 14314) to COURTNEY CZEZOWSKI, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3519 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post