SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Stonewall, Manitoba)
Do you want the opportunity to use your accounting skills to their fullest, contributing to the continued success of a highly-regarded North American non-profit? Ducks Unlimited Canada is looking for an experienced accountant with solid analytical and financial reporting skills to join its growing team. If you are a skilled professional with a track record of managing workflows to meet reporting deadlines, who also takes the initiative to recommend improvements and act as a mentor to fellow team members, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Prepare and review corporate account reconciliations
* Coordinate budgets and prepare projections and allocations
* Prepare quarterly reporting and variance analyses
* Complete monthly GL rollover
* Review corporate journal entries and EFT transfers; investigate errors and correct deficiencies
* Assist in the preparation for year-end and work closely with external auditors
* Prepare and submit annual charity returns
* Complete monthly and annual statements for company pension plan
* Document, recommend, implement and monitor process improvements
* Act as a mentor to other accounting staff
* 5+ years’ relevant experience in accounting
* Post-secondary education in accounting or business administration
* Actively pursuing a professional accounting designation (CPA) is an asset
* Strong technical accounting knowledge and reporting skills, with demonstrated experience preparing budgets and forecasts, financial reporting and analysis
* Excellent communication skills combined with strong team work, organizational, time management, and customer service skills
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment
* Strong skills with MS Office applications, including advanced Excel skills
* Strong ERP systems skills; experience with MS Dynamics AX is preferred
* Prior accounting experience within the non-profit sector is an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Leading North American conservation organization
* Positive, dog-friendly work environment
* Opportunities for professional development
Please send a resume (Word format preferred) quoting job 14220 to GENINE PARRY, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or phone 204.926.2210 for more information.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a recruitment firm dedicated solely to the accounting and finance sector in Manitoba, Accountants Now can help. Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Share this Post