ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Interested in working with the ‘latest & greatest’ from Oracle?
This is an exciting permanent and full-time opportunity to join an established team of DBA’s working on version 12C, along with RAC and cloud solutions. In this role, you will cover standard DBA items such as installs, configurations, set-up, and security for Oracle databases, as well as escalated top-level support. In addition, you will have access to ‘offshoot projects’ such as cloud implementations, newer Linux/Unix initiatives and big data/business intelligence ventures.
First-rate communication is key in this role, as the successful candidate will be heavily involved in projects and will interact across SDLC, infrastructure, and business units. If you have a strong background in Oracle database administration and a keen interest in working with new technologies, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Maintain, back-up and patch Oracle databases
* Respond to and resolve escalated top-tier issues
* Work with other IT teams on various projects
* 4+ years of experience with Oracle databases – exposure to 11g and 12c is preferred
* Ability and desire to take on new initiatives to help grow technology
* Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune databases
* Exposure to other database technologies – e.g. SQL Server and PostgreSQL – an asset
* Experience with data warehousing/BI an asset
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Amazing company culture and work environment with fantastic benefits and great perks
* Stable company that is growing year-over-year and needs people to grow with them
* Collaborative, team-driven environment running within an agile framework
Please send a resume (quoting job number 12990) to IAN MCLEOD, Senior IT Recruitment Consultant, at email@example.com or phone 204.926.2243 for more information.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post