HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a proactive leader who is committed to incorporating change and implementing best health and safety practices and policies? This world-class metal manufacturer is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team. The ideal candidate for this position will be process driven and have previous health and safety experience within the manufacturing industry. If you have the drive to learn and develop continuously, then we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Lead the development of all health and safety documents, including safe work procedures, job hazard analyses, safety statistics and incident reports
* Complete health and safety training for all employees (WHMIS, first aid, equipment safety etc.) and maintain related records
* Investigate incidents and accidents; prepare corrective actions for future prevention
* Liaise with corporate safety department and managers to ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures
* Coordinate industrial hygiene testing; air quality, noise levels, etc.
* Serve as a member of the safety committee: run meetings, record and distribute minutes, and coordinate inspections
* Stay current with and communicate changes to health and safety policies and legislation
* Oversee and manage WCB claims; loss time management, return to work programs
* 3+ years of health and safety experience within a manufacturing environment; exposure to a unionized environment would be an asset
* Experience with employee training and development
* Experience in developing, implementing and executing on policies and procedures
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively and appropriately with all levels of staff
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Leading company in the manufacturing industry
* Opportunities for professional development
Please send a resume (quoting job number 12430) to DAN LABELLE, Senior Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] OR call 204.926.3514.
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post