OPERATIONS MANAGER - LOGISTICS (WINNIPEG, MANITOBA)
Our client, a leader in the transportation industry, is currently recruiting an Operations Manager for their Winnipeg location. Reporting to the Vice President, you will establish and maintain the necessary operational procedures within structured limitations and controls that work to ensure the most effective and profitable utilization of equipment, as well as manpower towards, the achievement of performance metrics, including safety, people, and service results. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and coach a team in support of the organizations mission and vision- specifically executed through, education and engagement, information flow and management, and organizational planning and partnership.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
* Demonstrate the company's leadership and core value of safety, service, and people
* Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communication, training, coaching, and succession planning.
* Establish measurable goals, which enable individuals and divisions within the terminal to contribute and obtain growth and success, aligned to the company's mission and vision
* Adhere to safety policies in all work areas
* Ensure compliance across local, provincial, federal law and regulations
* Monitor incidents and other safety metrics, work to identify opportunities to strengthen terminal operations and processes, aimed at improving service to support all company employees
* Maintain a safety program at the terminal that meets internal and external standards, including required reporting and follow up.
* Responsible for the overall operations and direction of the terminal
* Monitor and ensure accuracy of billing, driver pay, and data integrity compliance
* Monitor operational metrics with the goal of diagnosing opportunities to ultimately improve performance and profitability
* Responsible for preventative maintenance on all equipment
* Continually assess service and make recommendations that increase value based on the needs of the customers
* Partner with sales professionals and other divisions on rate quotations and onboarding of new customers assigned to the terminal
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation, or 5-10 years of leadership experience within the transportation industry
* Experience working with Lean
* Strong knowledge for transportation industry
* A data driven individual who wants to make a positive difference
* Prior experience managing multiple customer accounts is preferred
* Ability to travel if needed
WHY WORK HERE:
* Established logistics company with a strong brand and values
* State-of-the-art facility
* A company where employees are highly valued
* Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
* Competitive total compensation package
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 12252) to CATHRYN THOMAS, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.2249
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you - your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you're prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post