ATHLETIC THERAPIST | AUGUST - APRIL TERM
The RHA (RINK Hockey Academy) – based out of the RINK and Shaftesbury High School, in collaboration with ELITE performance – is looking for two or more Athletic Therapists for the upcoming 2017-2018 hockey season (end of August to end of March). This academy trains the highest level of Manitoba hockey players in their respective age classes. There will be Bantam (14-15 years old), Elite 15 (15 years old) and Midget (16-17 years old) teams competing this year. Each team will play about 45 regular games during the season, including 10+ out-of-town trips.
This position will allow you to further your career and possibly implement yourself within the organization of The RINK and Elite Performance.
Reporting to the Head Athletic Therapist, the Athletic Therapist Intern will be responsible in helping the Athletic Therapists throughout the term. The intern will assist in player health and rehabilitation both on and off the field. This position will be a great learning experience for those looking to make a career in Athletic Therapy.
* Assist in daily treatments of the players.
* Support the Athletic Therapist team with implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programs.
* Assist in injury reporting and documentation.
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Attributes:
* Completion of 2 or more years in sports medicine, athletic therapy, kinesiology, or related field.
* Ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
* Proven ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving players.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Proficiency in using computer software including spreadsheets, databases, internet based systems, email, etc.
* Availability to work irregular hours and game days.
This is a great opportunity to earn school credit or get your foot in the door for the world of sports. We want to help build the next generation to grow and thrive in this industry!
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Izzadmaher Satoudian at [email protected]
Share this Post