ATHLETIC THERAPIST (Winnipeg, MB)
The RHA (RINK Hockey Academy) – based out of the RINK and Shaftesbury High School, in collaboration with ELITE performance – is looking for two or more Athletic Therapists for the upcoming 2017-2018 hockey season (end of August to end of March). This academy trains the highest level of Manitoba hockey players in their respective age classes. There will be Bantam (14-15 years old), Elite 15 (15 years old) and Midget (16-17 years old) teams competing this year. Each team will play about 45 regular games during the season, including 10+ out-of-town trips.
This individual will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for Midget and assist the RHA Head Athletic Therapist in managing the day-today sports medicine operations for our other teams. Within this role, the individual should be prepared to provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation for players’ medical problems.
* Performs as Certified Athletic Therapist in managing the health care of players. Healthcare includes, but is not limited to: first aid / emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
* Maintain a complete and up-to-date roster of player health and participation records in our team provided electronic medical record system.
* Full travel responsibilities for away activities
* Coordinate and organize all sports medicine logistics during home games for both RHA Midget and the visiting team
* Inventory supplies and clinical equipment
* Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean and organized
* Provide medical assistance to the other teams under supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation and Head Athletic Therapist
* Comply with all Hockey Manitoba and CSSHL medical policies and protocol
* Comply with OSHA Standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
* Perform other duties as assigned or required
Licences and Certifications
* CATA certified athletic therapist
* In good standing with CATA
* Preferred registered Athletic Therapist in Manitoba with the MATA
* Current professional CPR and sports first responder
* Hockey experience preferred (exception may be granted for experience in other sports)
APPLY NOW: Please submit cover letter, resume, and references together as one attachment via email to Izzadmaher Satoudian: [email protected]
*Only full submissions will be considered*
Share this Post