SENIOR BUYER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you self-driven with the proven ability to manage a variety of relationships, including management and suppliers? If you’re passionate about achieving departmental goals and have the ability to successfully forecast and plan to replenish inventory levels, this opportunity could be for you. As Senior Buyer for this leading commodity processing manufacturer, you will be able to demonstrate your extensive purchasing experience and knowledge of the steel component manufacturing industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Generate purchase orders within the ERP system required for multi-location manufacturing sites; commodities, maintenance parts/supplies for equipment and services
* Forecast and plan lead times for replenishing inventory to meet customer orders including expediting orders
* Produce detailed documents such as request for quotes (RFQ's)
* Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers through regular communication; phone and email
* Lead cost reduction initiatives through streamlining processes, strategic vendor and supplier negotiations
* Prepare regular reporting for management; suppliers statistics, cost analysis, purchase orders, invoice corrections
* Post-secondary education in Business or Supply Chain; SCMP designation or in process of obtaining designation
* 5+ years of progressive purchasing/buying experience; ideally with a commodity based product
* Proven ability to manage and control inventory
* Track record of establishing and maintain solid relationships with key vendors
* Passionate and driven to achieve departmental objectives
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Award winning manufacturer
* Focused on continuous improvement
Please send a resume (quoting job number 12027) to DAN LABELLE, senior Recruitment Consultant, at [email protected] or call 204.926.3514
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you - your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you're prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.
Share this Post